Who is performing your abdominal liposuction procedure in Atlanta?
Louis D. Cole, M.D., is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the American Society of Liposuction Surgery. Dr. Cole has been trained and is certified to perform SmartLipo, tumescent liposuction, power-assisted liposuction, and fat transfer to the breast and buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift). Dr. Cole has performed hundreds of successful surgeries.
Robert Ball, M.D. has over 20 years’ experience as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery. Dr. Ball received the Patients’ Choice Award in 2017 & 2018 and the Compassionate Doctor Certification Award in 2015, 2017, & 2018. Due to Dr. Ball’s years of training in general surgery and plastic surgery, he has been sought out for his abilities to repair and revise cosmetic surgery problems and complications.
Atlanta Liposuction Specialty Clinic is an AAAHC Certified Facility. The doctor will review your pre-operative lab tests. The procedure will include a Cellutone skin tightening procedure and a Venus Legacy procedure. At Atlanta Liposuction Specialty Clinic, our whole staff is here for you to have a wonderful experience, followed by the results you desire.
At Atlanta Liposuction Specialty Clinic, we use the SmartLipo Triplex with Thermoguard. This laser has three specific wavelengths that enable our expert surgeons to both melt fat and tighten skin during your procedure.
What happens on the day of your surgery?
You have come in having organized a lift to take you home.
You will be meeting with your surgeon to review your pre-op tests, discuss the procedure, and answer any last-minute questions you may have.
The cosmetic surgeon might draw on your body the areas on which he will perform lipo
You will receive a mild sedative to make it a more pleasant experience.
Tumescent liposuction does not require general anesthesia, which allows you to talk to your surgeon during the whole procedure.
The surgeon will start with small incisions. He injects a combination of lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate, and epinephrine mixed in a Saline solution to numb the area.
The doctor will then use a cannula to access the fat deposits:
If you choose to have a fat transfer to other areas like the popular Brazilian butt lift, the fat cells will be extracted, cleaned, and immediately reinjected to increase their survival chance.
If you do not avail yourself of a fat transfer, the cannula is equipped with a laser fiber that will liquefy the fat and kill the fat cells. They will be sucked out, and the body will expel the remaining dead tissue over time. The surgeon can utilize the SmartLipo Triplex laser during the surgery so we can achieve superior skin tightening. The body will create new collagen, and the skin will tighten a few weeks after the surgery.
As part of the surgery, the doctor will perform body contouring. These liposuction techniques are different for men and women. Men may go for six-pack abdominal muscles, and women prefer rounder and fitting curves. Sculpting is an art whether you are Michelangelo or a cosmetic liposuction surgeon. We know you are in good hands because our surgeons are experts in tummy liposuction and will give you precisely what you want.
After your surgery, you will receive a follow-up appointment and contact info.
Make sure you have a ride home
A few days later, you will have a post-op check-up to see your progress
What kind of results can I expect after the procedure?
Most of our patients are very pleased after this procedure. It allows them to wear clothing that was not flattering before the surgery. It makes them feel more confident and positive about their appearance. It is pleasant to bend down to pick up something again!
Full results, including skin tightening, will be visible within 90 days
The recovery time for abdominal/tummy liposuction can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The first 36-72 hours after treatment is the most uncomfortable part of recovery since patients often experience a combination of numbness and soreness. Avoid activities that involve twisting, turning in the first three days after surgery to minimize soreness. During this time, patients may take medication prescribed or recommended by our surgeons to help them manage discomfort.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after an abdomen/tummy liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the operation. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food and absorb vital nutrients easily. Avoid fast food and other processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells in your urine
- Get enough rest. Patients who have abdomen/tummy liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the compression garment. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the body during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn at all times (except while showering) for 4-12 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after abdomen/tummy liposuction. It’s imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Change absorption pads and take care of incision sites Leaks from incision sites are possible after abdomen/tummy liposuction. The use of high-quality absorption pads can reduce discomfort caused by drainage. Gently clean the incision sites 1-2 times daily with soap and water. It will minimize the chances of infection and help the incisions heal more quickly.
- Avoid applying ice packs or heating pads to the liposuction-treated areas. Band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, and soaking in any kind of water (including baths) should also be avoided during the healing process.
Liposuction Cost and Financing
Liposuction procedures start at $4,500. Depending on the amount of fat to be removed, and the patient’s final goals for the cosmetic surgery, the cost for tumescent liposuction can vary. We offer discounts to patients who decide to target more than one body area during the same surgical procedure. During a pre-op consultation with an experienced surgeon, the patient can discuss the possibility of targeting more than one body area during the first surgery session.
The total cost of abdominal liposuction surgery varies from patient-to-patient depending on several different factors, including:
- The time required by the surgical team to complete the procedure
- The amount of fat to be removed
- The number and cost of pre-op lab tests that are required
- The number and type of prescription medications required by the patient
- Number and size of the areas of the body.
Our office has partnered with multiple lending providers that offer convenient and tailored plans.