The acronym FUPA (Fat Upper Pubic Area) is fatty tissue above the pubic bone. The actual term is panniculus. FUPA became a meme when Beyoncé talked about her pregnancy in Vogue’s September issue that left her with a little FUPA. The fat in the upper pubic area below the belly button can be incredibly difficult and even impossible to target and remove with just exercise and diet. For some, even going into the beast zone mode of intense exercise will never resolve their fat cells in the upper pubic region. It is a genetic predisposition to having extra fat deposits in the lower belly for most people. Using Smart Lipo and BodyTite a safe, proven, and gentle treatment, you can remove that bulge in your lower midsection in a cosmetic liposuction procedure performed under two hours.
Visit our Patient Gallery to see incredible results.
- Using a local anesthesia technique called which combines a mild sedative and a local anesthetic, patients can expect a completely relaxed experience during the surgery for FUPA.
- FUPA liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that requires only two incisions, one in each groin crease on either side of the treatment area.
- Smart Lipo uses cannulas that are only 3mm wide, meaning that the incisions are so small that they don’t even require stitches to remove excess fat
- With the combined use of Smart Lipo and a light sedative, patients can communicate easily with the surgical staff during the whole surgery.
- Patients typically walk out of the clinic the same day.
Who is actually performing your FUPA liposuction procedure?
Louis D. Cole, M.D., is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the American Society of Liposuction Surgery. Dr. Cole has been trained and is certified to perform SmartLipo, tumescent liposuction, power-assisted liposuction, and fat transfer to the breast and buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift). Dr. Cole has performed hundreds of successful surgeries.
Robert Ball, M.D. has over 20 years’ experience as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and as a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery. Dr. Ball was awarded the Patients’ Choice Award in 2017 & 2018 and the Compassionate Doctor Certification Award in 2015, 2017, & 2018. Due to Dr. Ball’s years of training in general surgery and plastic surgery, he has been sought out for his abilities to repair and revise cosmetic surgery problems and complications.
Atlanta Liposuction Specialty Clinic is an AAAHC Certified Facility. The doctor will review your pre-operative lab tests. The procedure will include a Cellutone skin tightening procedure and a Venus Legacy procedure. At Atlanta Liposuction Specialty Clinic, our whole staff is here for you to have a wonderful experience followed by the results you desire.
Who Is A Good Candidate for a FUPA surgery at Atlanta Liposuction Specialty Clinic?
- Both women and men can be candidates for FUPA liposuction.
- Young, slim women with a genetic disposition to retain fat cells in the upper pubic region but want that gorgeous flat bikini line look
- Previously overweight individuals who have had abdomen or tummy tuck surgeries
- Patients who have experienced rapid weight loss
- Little mommy pouch: Pregnancy can cause overall weight gain, but it can also result in an overabundance of fat, particularly in the FUPA region.
- Women who needed a c section and have a loose layer of fat cells
- Patients who have managed to control mild obesity and belly fat in their lower abdomen are good candidates for FUPA surgery
- Liposuction for the upper pubic area can be a fantastic addition to a complete Mommy Makeover.
- As a result of your FUPA procedure, you can have excess skin that could use tightening in the region.
Smart Lipo is a gentle procedure that requires minimal recovery/downtime. Most patients can resume everyday practices within approximately two weeks after surgery:
- Patients need to make sure that they get plenty of bed rest
- Refrain from intense physical activity following the surgical procedure
- Two to three days after the cosmetic surgery, you can perform light physical activity and exercise
- One week into recovery, gentle exercise and sexual activity can resume SmartLipo™ is a delicate procedure that takes very little time to recover from after surgery.
Guidelines after surgery
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet: After any surgery, patients should refrain from consuming fast food and other processed foods. Prepare meals consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. Dieting has very little to do with calories. It is about feeding your body right: correct quantities and at regular hours.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Avoid carbonated drinks that will increase the feeling of bloating
- Wear compression garments during the healing process. Compression garments assist the body’s tissues in healing and reforming as the FUPA area’s skin adapts to a new shape. Wearing the compression garments will ensure that you get the best results from your liposuction treatment.
- Massaging the upper pubic area can help accelerate healing for optimal results.
- Take any prescribed medications by your surgeon.
- Your new self will be enchanted with your body image, but it should be accompanied by a series of exercises to firm your lower abs as the loose skin can resorb itself naturally. Who knows, if you put your mind and body to it, you are on your way to getting a six-pack!
Common Recovery Symptoms
- Below are some of the most common recovery symptoms that FUPA liposuction patients experience:
- Swelling – The FUPA is a delicate area of the body; some swelling can be expected. Swelling in this region may last for up to 30 days
- Bruising – Bruising is also typical after liposuction, and patients can expect to see some bruising, which will gradually disappear throughout the recovery period.
- Discomfort in the upper pubic area -The FUPA may be sore for the first few days to a week after surgery. This discomfort resembles a moderate sunburn. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication
- Changes in menstruation – Some women may experience menstruation changes after having upper pubic area liposuction. The recovery process differs from patient-to-patient
Liposuction Cost and Financing
Liposuction at the Atlanta Liposuction Specialty Clinic starts at $3,500, depending on the procedures. Our clinic has partnered with multiple lenders to offer customized monthly payment plans that feature a fixed interest rate and no hidden fees.
The cost of FUPA liposuction varies according to a variety of factors, including (but not limited to):
- The amount of fat present in the upper pelvic area
- How many pre-op tests our staff performs before surgery?
- The amount/type of medications prescribed or used during and after the procedure.
- The amount of time it takes for the surgical team to perform the procedure
Combining multiple liposuction procedures during the same surgical will offer substantial savings. You may consider abdominal/tummy liposuction, thigh liposuction, or getting rid of infamous love handles.
Call us at 770-416-0000 or for a free virtual consult, just click here and lets get you started!