What Your Atlanta Breast Reduction Procedure Entails
Each case is unique in its way. We provide tailor-made solutions for everyone, as each person has a different body type owing to genetic factors. The initial evaluation helps the doctor determine the best approach to produce your desired size and look.
Breast reduction surgery involves the use of liposuction to reduce the size of your breasts.
Liposuction is a minimally-invasive technique. This approach works perfectly, particularly for women with more fatty than glandular tissue. Liposuction also produces excellent results for men with gynecomastia.
Liposuction begins with the administration of local anesthesia in the area under treatment. This initial step causes numbness in the region, with the patient remaining comfortable and fully aware using mild oral sedation.
Tiny incisions facilitate the use of a micro-cannula to access the fat under the surface. A laser (SmartLipo) liquefies the fat for easy suctioning. The small fat lobules under the surface are suctioned to bring about shapely and perkier breasts.
Liposuction is minimally-invasive, making the recovery period short.
Recovering from breast reduction lipo takes a short period, enabling you to return to your normal activities in a couple of days. However, this duration varies between individuals due to genetic variations.
We provide a compression garment after surgery. The protective brace keeps the bosom in place as it heals to bring out that size and shape you desire. As your body heals, carefully observe the doctor’s instructions to avoid complications at this stage. Of crucial importance is the compression garment, and this must remain on for the prescribed period. Remember to get enough rest during the recovery period, avoiding heavy tasks for at least two weeks or for as long as the doctor instructs.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after a liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the operation. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food quickly and absorb vital nutrients. Avoid fast food and other processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells into your urine
- Get enough rest. Patients who have abdomen/tummy liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the compression garment. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the body during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn at all times (except while showering) for 4-12 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after abdomen/tummy liposuction. It is imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Change absorption pads and take care of incision sites Leaks from incision sites are possible after breast reduction liposuction. The use of high-quality absorption pads can reduce discomfort caused by drainage. Gently clean the incision sites 1-2 times daily with soap and water. Apply iodine. It will minimize the chances of infection and help the incisions heal more quickly.
- Avoid applying ice packs or heating pads to the liposuction-treated areas. Band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, and soaking in any kind of water (including baths) should also be avoided during the healing process.
- Resume normal activities when you feel comfortable.