Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- What is the Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation procedure?
- Who is a Good Candidate for Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
- Who is not the right candidate for Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
- How is the procedure performed?
- What are some of the safety features of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Pros and Cons of Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation
- What kind of results can I expect?
- What is the downtime for the procedure?
- Can I wear my regular bra after the surgery?
- What is the cost of the procedure?
What is the Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation procedure?
The Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation procedure is the most natural breast augmentation procedure available today. In simple terms, it involves using your excess fat deposits from other parts of your body and reinjecting your fat cells into your breasts to give you a rounder breast shape, especially in the upper pole region. Call it the jiggle with the sizzle.
- Done under local anesthesia
- Uses your fat cells extracted during a contouring procedure
- The fat cells are then washed, sorted and the healthiest reinjected in your breasts immediately
- The process can add One Cup for a fuller, natural look to your figure.
Who is a Good Candidate for Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
The best candidates include:
- Women who have recently had saline implants or silicone implants removed and require a breast enlargement or restoration procedure
- Women who have recently given birth and lost breast volume
- Women who require a breast reconstruction procedure
- Women who need a procedure to repair issues with capsular contracture
- Women who have slightly different breast sizes and want a natural balanced look
Who is not the right candidate for Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
- Small breasted women who have no extra skin to accommodate the fat transfer
- Slim women who have little fat to be extracted and repositioned
How is the procedure performed?
This procedure in 3 steps:
- Under local anesthesia, the doctor harvests the fat cells for the transfer procedure.
- Fat cells are washed, sorted, and immediately prepared for reinjection.
- The doctor makes a small incision using a microcannula. The fat cells are injected in the breast’s high part to give it a fuller, rounder shape.
What are some of the safety features of Breast Fat Transfer?
- No need for complete anesthesia
- No Complications associated with breast implants including scaring, leaking, removal, or replacement
- No risk of capsular contracture associated with an implant
- Using your biomaterial reduces the risk of contamination
Pros and Cons of Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation
- Pro: Your body is already familiar with your fat cells so, your breast tissue will absorb them with little risk of rejection
- Pro: Incision is minimal, under 4mm, and leaves very little scaring
- Pro: Quick recovery time of about three days, much faster than silicone implants
- Pro: It is the perfect procedure for small cosmetic changes to even out both breasts
- Con: It will usually add no more than one cup size and sometimes two
- Con: The survivability of the fat graft is unpredictable and may show a loss of up to 30% within two months
- Con: You may also need a breast lift to support the fat graft
- Con: The Price may be more expensive than saline implants
What kind of results can I expect?
Following surgery, the breasts will appear initially fuller. Patients can experience a 1-2 cup size increase from the procedure, followed by a decrease in size due to fat loss. It is typical for a 1/3 of the transferred fat to be lost after a month or two after the breast augmentation surgery. After that, you can expect to see the final size and look of your new figure.
The procedure is designed to subtly improve the shape, contour, and fullness to your upper chest. If those are your goals, then this will be an ideal procedure for you
What is the downtime for the procedure?
The usual downtime for this procedure is 2-3 days. Most patients state that the procedure’s liposuction portion is associated with more discomfort than the actual breast transfer procedure. The majority of patients are back to work in 3 days. Mild to moderate exercise is encouraged after the first few weeks, but it must be low impact.
We advise patients to avoid any rigorous jumping or running for two months after the procedure.
Can I wear my regular bra after the surgery?
The doctor will suggest a special bra after the surgery. After a week, you will be able to wear a regular bra.
What is the cost of the procedure?
The procedure’s cost varies with each patient and the number of liposuction areas required to harvest the fat cells. It starts at $6,000 and increases to $10,000, depending on each patient’s different surgical requirements.
If you are interested in increasing your breasts’ size and shape, don’t like the idea of implants, the fat transfer breast augmentation procedure may be the right choice for you. If you would like further information about this procedure or a complete mommy makeover, please contact our office for a complimentary consultation.
Atlanta Liposuction is the premier center for tumescent & laser liposuction, Brazilian Butt Lift transfer, and Scarless Breast Reduction.
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM